by Mufti Muhammad Taqi Usmani
Meticulous attention and care have been taken to prepare this new edition of The Noble Qur’an: With meaning and explanatory notes by Mufti Muhammad Taqi Usmani. This unique copy is available in two formats, the standard edition and the deluxe edition.
- The hardback deluxe edition is elegantly bound in thermo-leather with gold-blocking and foil embellishments.
- An Arabic medallion al-Qur’an al-Karim is laser engraved on three sides of the cover
- Printed on the finest 92gsm Japanese Speciart paper.
- The elegant illuminated calligraphy found on the opening spread of the Fātiḥah and Baqarah are a facsimile of the Tipu Sultan (1441–1442/845ah) muṣḥaf, originally written by the scribe Muhammad Mu’min ibn ‘Abdillah al-Muwarid. This was a copy originally produced for Sultan Abu Shuja’ ad-Din Bahadur Khan, the ruler of the Transoxiana region at the time, and now housed at the University of St Andrews’ Library in Scotland.
- The clear and beautifully typeset text of the Qur’an is based on the Madīnan muṣḥaf while retaining the useful features of the Indian subcontinent copy. The Arabic text is presented in the top half of each page followed by Mufti Muhammad Taqi Usmani’s renowned English translation and notes below it.
- Special illuminated medallions have been placed in the margins to designate the start of a new sūrah or new part (juzʾ).
- Each page of the Qur’an is decorated with Pantone gold borders around the Arabic text.
- The Qur’anic text is concluded with a beautiful and meaningful supplication to be read upon completion, taken from the Tipu Sultan (1441–1442 (845 ah) muṣḥaf. An English transliteration and translation of the supplication is included.
- A detailed twenty-two-page index is appended at the end.
- Languages: English Translation with Arabic Text
- Type: Hardback
- Pages: 871
- Dimensions: 25 x 30 x 6.5 cm